Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Thankful!


Too many times we go through our lives taking things for granted. I have a very good friend who is a convert to our church. I played the piano at his baptism. He and his family were sealed in the temple. A few years ago, their family stopped going to church. I feel so sad inside for them. He told me that he still believes in God, but just chooses not to go to church. None of their kids go to church. He is the only member in his family and her family is very active.


I was inactive in my 20's. All of my friends went to college. I stayed in Colorado to work. The only young single ward was in Boulder. My sister and I attended, but since we didn't go to CU, they asked us not to come back. My friends became those I worked with and they didn't have the same values as I did. I found many excuses to not attend church. It was no fun to go to a family ward when you are young and single.


I knew what I should be doing, but I did my best to justify my poor choices and continuing on the dark path farther and farther away from the truth - all the time knowing in the back of my head the truths I had been taught in my early youth. Satan had the biggest grasp on me and I was headed for the biggest downturn in my life.


To make a long, long story short, I was sent an angel. His name is Tyler. He rescued me from the depths of hell. My life has not been easy, partly because of bad choices, but I know that we are all here to be tested. The results of our test are ultimately what we are striving for. I have a daily reminder of where I want my end results to be. He is 15 and is my angel. I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for my special angel!

No comments: