Wednesday, April 8, 2009

A Warrior Amidst Adversity


Mothers are warriors. They fight the worst most intense war imaginable. They fight for their children's lives every single day in some way or another. They have casualties again, and again, and are expected to keep fighting. Their lives are bloody, literally. They are not only emotionally connected to everything, but literally, physically connected, and any loss is a loss of part of themselves.

The past month has been a battle. I must fight the fight amidst every kind of push back and adversity. I have renewed strength from the spiritual nourishment I received from General Conference this past week. I love the messages I heard... I believe they were all for me. I am grateful the our church leaders, prophets, seers and revelators. They are truly inspired from our Heavenly Father.
I can appreciate the love our Father in Heaven has for each of us despite our shortcomings and failures. I love my son, despite his shortcomings and failures. He saved my life, now it is my turn to save his!

1 comment:

Burns Family said...

All I can think of right now is the story of the Stripling Warriors, and was a wonderful job thier mothers did. They are a group of women who I look up to and consider an idol...