Thursday, September 18, 2008

Nicknames

Nicknames are funny. I think we all have nicknames at one point or another in our life. I have been NEE NEE since 1987 or so. My oldest nephew, Justin McKay Packer, learned to talk and couldn't say Colleen, so his mom told him to call me NEE NEE. It was easy for Justin to say and so for 21+ years, I have been NEE NEE.

My sister Diane is the mom of two adorable boys, Ty and new baby Blake. When Ty was a few days old, he would nurse with one eye open and one eye closed. He looked like a pirate. Ty was 6 weeks old on his first Halloween. My sister Cheryl found him the cutest pirate outfit, Diane made him a pirate eye patch and he was a pirate for Halloween in 2005. Ty is our little PIRATE.

On Tuesday, when Blake was born, we were all surprised at his weight of 8 lbs. and 12 oz. Even the doctors who delivered Blake were surprised. For those of you who know Diane, she is not a big person. Blake really had no where to grow, except out. Diane gets extremely sick when she is pregnant. When she was finally able to keep some food/drink down, she drank lots of root beer. The doctors told Diane that Blake was a root beer baby, thus I have nick named Blake "MUGZ". Welcome to the family - CHEERS TO YOU "MUGZ!"