Wednesday, June 3, 2009

30 Years

City of Northglenn, Colorado

Northglenn High School


EB Rains Memorial Park (Webster Lake)
I live right by this park

June 3, 1979 is the day we moved to Colorado. My dad had purchased a house in Northglenn, moved us here and decided he didn't want to have a family after a couple of months.

I was almost 14 when I moved here and my youngest sister was 4 months. I started 9th grade in the fall of 1979, which was still in Northeast Junior High and then went to Northglenn High School and graduated in 1983.

After living in 5 other states, I can say Colorado feels most like home. I was born in Provo, Utah, lived in Byron, Wyoming, Fort Dodge, Iowa, Park Forest & Park Forest South, Illinois, St. Charles, Missouri and Northglenn, Colorado.

Each one of my siblings was born in a different state, with the exception of Colorado: Colleen & Lynette - Provo, Suzanne (deceased) - Byron, WY, Janet - Fort Dodge, IA, Cheryl - Chicago, IL, Diane & Deann (deceased) - St. Charles, MO.

People always ask if my dad was in the military - he wasn't - just liked to move, I guess. I always was a little envious of my 3 youngest sisters, as they got to go to the same schools throughout their growing up years. They knew kids from elementary through high school.

I never thought I would like in one place for so long. Tyler only has two more years before he graduates, so I will likely stay in the area until he graduates from high school - then we will see.

No comments: