Monday, June 22, 2009

Four Years!


Four years - seems like yesterday and yet an eternity to me. Four years ago I said goodbye to my very best friend MarLa. She passed away after complications to surgery at the age of 43. She was a mother to Shawn and Dylan, step mom to Laura and Julie, grandmother to Jaden and McKenna, wife to Frank, sister to Greg, Kevin and Ron, aunt and my best friend for 18 years. We spent many days and nights talking, laughing, crying, getting in lots of trouble and just being wild and crazy. She had a sad life in so many ways, yet she had a way of changing my outlook on life. I miss her every day!

Sometimes, even our trials are meant to be, they are there to guide and shape our lives. Though often we can’t see the blessings through the storms, God still looks after His children. He does so in His own way, on His own time, and His ways are often mysterious.

No comments: