Sunday, January 25, 2009

Greetings from Sunny Florida!!!







Well, I have been in sunny Orlando now for 24 hours at our business conference. By no means is this a vacation, but a true working environment away from the office.

A few months ago, my boss approached me as being selected from a few administrative assistants across the country to go and be one of the administrative support staff for our company's annual business conference. What an honor as only the best of the best are chosen to do this. How could I decline such an offer?

I left Denver at on Saturday just after noon and arrived in Orlando at 7:50 last night after a layover in Charlotte, NC. I have writing this post at 11:40 EST and began my day at 8:30 a.m. I got back to my room about 20 minutes ago. The rest of the week, my day will begin at 6:45 a.m. and end about 9:00 or 10:00 p.m. each evening, with just a couple of short breaks. I guess that is the benefits of being chosen - alot of hard work, but I get to meet other admins across the company, network, share ideas, and get away from the office.

The weather forecast for the week is supposed to be phenonemol; however the only time I have been outside is from the airport to the car and the car to the hotel. Maybe once this week I will be able to sneak out and enjoy the Florida sunshine. The resort here is gorgeous. Hopefully I can take some photos and post them when I get back home. The name of the resort is Gaylord Palms. You can check it out at http://www.gaylordpalms.com/.

I will post more if I get the opportunity while I am still here.

2 comments:

The Rich Family said...

Wow, congratulations Colleen! That is so neat that you got chosen to participate in something so special. I'm sorry its not more fun and relaxing than it is work, but you are probably still having an enjoyable time! I was always impressed by your knowledge with the computer and just how on top of things you were at work. You definitely deserve to be chosen! I hope we can talk or see each other sometime soon! Love you!

Kiera said...

That is cool that you were chosen for this! How neat! James is in Orlando right now! He is there for a week. he is there on business too!